News from British and Canadian Conservatives

Thursday, August 07, 2008

All packed up and ready to go

Well it's just days until we leave sunny Folkestone for a new life in Canada now. Yesterday the local auction house came to collect all of our old furniture, which will go under the hammer later this month and today the shippers took most of the rest of our possessions, which should arrive in Calgary in about 8 weeks' time. Shepway are due to collect the old fridge/freezer at some point tomorrow, and in the evening we're heading out to say farewell to my former colleagues on Folkestone Town Council.

I'm still looking forward to the move, but walking around the town and seeing people for the last time can still be hard. I have to keep reminding myself that we're only a flight away, and we'll be visiting England to see family and friends regularly. I might even get in some telephone canvassing from Canada!

No comments: