News from British and Canadian Conservatives

Monday, August 13, 2007

Rating transatlantic airlines

I'm back in Sunny(ish) Folkestone and recovering from my jet lag. I was really quite lucky with my return flight - I was next to an empty seat and my luggage was so quick off the plane that it was actually waiting for me on the carousel! I spotted it coming around before I got to the pickup, so I didn't even have to stop before picking it up and heading for Customs.

I've now flown on four of the six airlines which serve Calgary direct from London (BA, Air Canada, Air Transat and Thomas Cook (now merged with MyTravel), leaving only Zoom and Monarch to try out), so I'm weighing up the relevant pros and cons of each airline. The scheduled operators are certainly better than the charter airlines, but that's hardly surprising. You get what you pay for. I'm planning to write reviews of the airlines in the near future.

No comments: