News from British and Canadian Conservatives

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Votes being counted

It won't be long until we find out the results of today's elections. Both seats started out with massive Labour majorities, so anything other than a Labour win has to be a surprise. It will also be interesting to see how well the infamous Lib Dem by-election machine has worked this time around. For the Conservatives, this is a real test for the new by-elections strategy, being used for the first time.

I don't know much about the Sedgefield campaign, other than I expect Labour to hold and and see little chance of the Conservatives taking the seat. Ealing Southall has seen a stronger Conservative challenge, so I hope that we will see some improvement in our share of the vote. Victory seems highly unlikely, but I can dream! If Tony Lit doesn't win, it will be the first time I've campaigned in an unsuccessful parliamentary election. I knew that was a likely outcome when I went up though, so it won't worry me unduly!

No comments: