News from British and Canadian Conservatives

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Conservative Way Forward

Tomorrow evening I'm off to the Conservative Way Forward dinner to mark the 25th anniversary of the Falklands War. It's quite an event, with William Hague as speaker and Lord Tebbitt giving the vote of thanks, all in the presence of Baroness Thatcher. Call me a sad case if you must, but that sounds pretty fantastic to me. It means that I'll be in the same room as two of the four living people I have listed as my heroes on Myspace!

I'm rather impressed by the menu as well - duck being a personal favourite of mine. It also gives me chance to wear by dinner suit, and to get together with Christian (who I haven't seen for months) and Jonick, all in rather smart surroundings in London. I won't get a chance to post anything tomorrow evening, or Friday probably, as Corissa and I are going out for dinner with Jim & Vix.

No comments: