News from British and Canadian Conservatives

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Policing Cheriton

This evening I attended a public meeting about policing in Cheriton & Morehall. The meeting was packed, appartently with the highest attendence seen in any such meeting in Kent. Local residents raised concerns over a lack of visible policing, anti-social behaviour, noise pollution and parking.

It was confirmed at the meeting that Kent County Council had agreed to provide a Community Warden to act as a bobby on the beat in Cheriton. Kent Police have also applied once again for funding for a Community Support Officer, to join the new local street policing team.

I was particularly please to see these steps being taken, as I had lobbied Kent County Council to provide a warden for Cheriton as my first action after being elected in June. I will be working with other town councillors for Cheriton and Morehall to help co-ordinate the various crime reduction bodies in the future.

No comments: